What is evolution? Everything evolves in some manner, doesn’t it? Dictionary com has several definitions for evolution:
1. Any process of formation or growth; development
2. A product of such development; something evolved
3. A motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.
4. Biology. Change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.
These are but a few of the definitions used for evolution. Consciousness must fit in there somewhere. Could we go so far as to say that universal consciousness is the catalyst for evolution?
I have written many different articles relating to consciousness. I continually experience more ideas, insight and questions with each new article. This too must be a form of evolution. Consciousness is quite intriguing when considered only from the viewpoint of human based content structures. The universe is said to be 99.9 percent nothingness; quite amazing to consider. There are more and more scientists / physicists who are basically saying that consciousness creates reality:
“Looking for consciousness in the brain is like looking in the radio for the announcer.” – Nasseim Haramein, director of research for the Resonance Project
“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulating consciousness.”
– Max Planck, theoretical physicist who originated quantum theory, which won him the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918
“It was not possible to formulate the laws of quantum mechanics in a fully consistent way without reference to consciousness.”
– Eugene Wigner, theoretical physicist and mathematician. He received a share of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1963
What does this tell us about consciousness? Consciousness experiences evolution through life forms. Consciousness experiences itself through a forms developing object consciousness. It surely has an original source frequency. This original frequency is stimulated by the developing form consciousness. These form conscious entities are actually components of the source frequency. Consciousness therefore may experience evolution through a process of self awareness. This is two fold. The totality of consciousness evolves through the expansion of form consciousness awakening and acceptance. Would it be correct to state it in this way?
I have one last consideration today concerning consciousness. What would happen to any given life form after its individual / collective state of consciousness has totally accepted universal consciousness (oneness)? The video clip is from Peter Russell. He shares five minutes of insight that may serve as a signpost for you. The second video below is an extended version of the first video.